- Department of Art History
Certificate in Art Museum Studies
The Certificate in Art Museum Studies is designed as an addition to the M.A. in Art History for students interested in pursuing careers in the museum world.
Eligibility and Admission
A student must be enrolled in the Art History M.A. program to pursue this certificate.
Although already enrolled in a UWM graduate program, students wishing to pursue this certificate must apply to the Graduate School through the UW System application. At the Reason for Applying screen, check Graduate Non-Degree.
Students seeking the certificate must complete the requirements for the M.A. in Art History and a minimum of 12 additional credits in Art History as follows:
- 703 Introduction to Art Museum Studies I, 3 cr
- 704 Introduction to Art Museum Studies II, 3 cr
- 991 Thesis Exhibition (an exhibition accompanied by a scholarly catalogue), 3 cr
- 891 Art Museum Internship, 3-6 cr
No more than 3 credits of 891 may be taken in a single semester.