Apply for Graduate Admission
Please read the admission requirements for your desired type of program before you apply online below.
- Make sure you satisfy the admission requirements for both the Graduate School AND the program you will be applying for.
- Submit your online application on time: Application submission dates vary by program. Contact your program for its deadline.
Pay the application fee(s): a non-refundable, $56 base application fee is required of all applicants, and an additional $40 evaluation fee, also non-refundable, is required for applicants with college-level work from non-U.S. colleges.
Note: If you are applying to a doctoral program and already hold a UWM master's degree, you do not need to pay the application fee.
- Send the following to the Graduate School:
- Transcripts directly from each institution you attended
- Reasons Statement
- Send appropriate required items to your specific program.
- Watch your mailbox for information on monitoring your application status online.
Retention of Application Materials
The Graduate School will keep your application materials for one year. After one year you will need to apply again and submit all required application materials. All application materials become the property of the Graduate School and cannot be returned to the applicant, forwarded to another institution, or duplicated for any purpose.