New Student Online Resources
You and your advisor: A vital relationship for success
- Graduate School Advisor vs. Mentor: What's the Difference?
- Graduate Student Advising and Mentoring Relationships
(The Graduate School, Michigan State University)
Thriving in graduate school
Fellowships, Assistantships & Health Benefits
UWM Centers for student assistance and enrichment
- Campus Police
- Career Development Center
- Children's Center: Reduced child-care costs for graduate students.
- Equity Diversity Services: Promoting “Unity In Diversity.”
- Housing: Limited UWM housing available to grad students.
- Intramural Sports: At the Klotsche Center.
- Norris Health Center: Low-cost grad student insurance available.
- Outdoor Pursuits Center: Outdoor recreation equipment rental.
- PantherCard/Student ID: A key to many UWM services and events.
- Recreational Sports & Facilities (Klotsche Center) Free to students.
- School of Continuing Ed.: Professional development opportunities.
- University Safety & Assurances: IRB, safety promotion
- UWM Libraries
- The Writing Center: Provides support for all subjects and skill levels.