New Graduate Student Orientation
Get answers to your questions about the graduate student experience at the Fall 2012 Graduate Student Orientation.
- Learn about the graduate student experience from current students.
- Network with other graduate students.
- Meet Graduate School staff and administration.
- Hear how Graduate School professional development programming can empower you.
- Become part of our Graduate Community of Scholars.
Reception in Room 280
|1:45 p.m.||Light refreshments, networking, and information tables|
Program in Auditorium
|2:00 p.m.||Opening remarks:
University and Graduate School Leadership
|2:30 p.m.||Panel Discussion|
|2:40 p.m.||Academic Integrity|
||2:50 p.m.||Graduate Student Services & You
Patricia Hayes, GSS doctoral program advisor
|2:55 p.m.||Panel Discussion|
|3:05 p.m.||Getting Involved: Meet your Graduate Student Advisory Council
Members of the GSAC
UWM resource centers for student assistance
Reception resumes in Room 280
Resource information tables
- University Safety & Assurances
- Equity Diversity Services
- UWM Libraries
- University Information Technology Services (UITS)
- School of Information Studies (SOIS)
- Student Accessibility Center (SAC)
- LGBT Resource Center
- Career Development Center
- Helen Bader Institute for Non-Profit Management
- UWM ROTC
- The Writing Center
- Center for 21st Century Studies
- UWM Police
- Norris Health Center
- Women's Resource Center
- Women's Studies Program
- Wisconsin Women in Higher Education Leadership (WWHEL)
- UWM Child Care Center