23rd Annual McNair Research Conference and Graduate Fair
Presented by MAEOPP and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Registration is closed.
The National McNair Research Conference has been designed to provide undergraduate students the opportunity to present their research in a professional and nurturing environment. Workshops, panel discussions and activities will introduce McNair Scholars to the nature of graduate study as well as provide helpful tips and suggestions in writing an effective graduate admissions application.
What are the Features of the Conference?
The National McNair Research Conference offers a variety of features for attendees:
- A Graduate / Professional School Fair, featuring more than 50 of the country's top graduate schools.
- Networking Activities where student participants may interact with graduate/professional school faculty and representatives in an informal setting.
- Workshops designed for students who are beginning to consider graduate study, as well as those who are currently going through the graduate/professional school application process.
- Presentations by McNair scholars from around the country, sharing the fruits of their research projects.
- Good food, fun and great company in a relaxed, resort setting!
How do I Register?
McNair Program staff from each institution register their students online.
Who Should Attend?
The National McNair Research Conference is designed for, and open to, McNair scholars from around the country. Between 500 and 600 McNair Scholars, staff, and faculty will attend.
What is the Cost to Attend?
- $475 for double or quad occupancy; includes lodging for Friday and Saturday evenings at Lake Lawn Resort, dinner on Friday, three meals on Saturday, and brunch on Sunday, as well as all conference materials and events.
- $595 for single room occupancy (staff only—we cannot accommodate requests for single rooms for students); includes lodging for Friday and Saturday evenings at Lake Lawn Resort, dinner on Friday, three meals on Saturday, and brunch on Sunday, as well as all conference materials and events.
- $350 for Registration with lodging elsewhere; includes all meals, conference materials and events, but no lodging.
Grad School/Exhibitor Fair
- Registration covers Friday night and Saturday morning sessions and includes conference materials. (Friday Dinner included, Lodging NOT included)
- First Representative ($350) Additional Representative ($50)
- Lodging and meals are extra.
- No Room, Friday dinner included (add $0)
- Single Occupancy Friday, Friday dinner and Saturday breakfast and lunch included (add $300)
- Double Occupancy Friday with other Rep, Friday and Saturday breakfast and lunch included (add $475)
- Single Occupancy Both Nights, All Meals included (add $575)
- Double Occupancy Both Nights with other Rep, All Meals included (add $750)
Make checks payable to MAEOPP.
Mail checks and purchase orders to:
c/o Robert Jenkins, Treasurer
P.O. Box 23313
St. Louis, MO 63156
Payment Due By: October 11, 2014
All presenters (oral and poster) must submit an abstract for the program book with name, faculty mentor, research department, and title.
For Additional Information
Director McNair Scholars Program
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Fax: (414) 229-2328