Developing a Proposal
Guidance for funding agency guidelines, developing a budget, and writing the proposal.
- Things to Keep in Mind
- Important details to remember when developing your proposal.
- Writing the Proposal
- Basic elements common to most proposals and guidelines for specific funding agencies.
- Budget Development Tool Updated 05/16/2013
- Spreadsheet developed by the Graduate School for PIs to prepare budgets for federal and non-federal projects.
- Frequently Requested Information
- UWM institutional information commonly required in funding proposals, such as the Federal Tax ID number, congressional districts, and assurance numbers.
- Institutional Information
- Links to mission statements, information about UWM (e.g., degrees conferred, key dates in UWM's history, fact books), audit, budget, and financial reports, and university resources.
- Rates for Developing Budgets
- Listed are the rates to be included in all proposals submitted to extramural sponsors.