Developing International Research Projects
- Funding opportunities to support international research
- Conducting research with an international collaborator or entity
- International Scholars at UWM
- Teaching, research, and service abroad
- International partnership agreements
- International travel information
Funding opportunities to support international research
National Institutes of Health's Fogarty International Center (FIC)
National Science Foundation's Office of International Science and Engineering (OISE)
- Fulbright Scholar: Council for International Exchange of Scholars
- Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Fellowship Program
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
World Health Organization (WHO)
- UN Development Programme
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- UN Industrial Development Organization
Identify Other Funding Opportunities
• For more information about these programs, contact Kathleen Koch (firstname.lastname@example.org, x3699)..
Conducting research with an international collaborator or entity
Protecting intellectual property/confidentiality
ALERT: If you have an invention you should first disclose it to the UWM Office of Technology Transfer to help you protect the patentability of the invention. Public disclosure in the following ways within the U.S. or outside the U.S. can limit your ability to protect an invention:
- Sharing the invention in a public presentation.
- Oral presentation at a scientific meeting.
- Meeting and discussing the details of an invention with an outside party.
- Submission or acceptance of an abstract or article in a journal detailing the invention.
The Office of Technology Transfer can assist with a confidentiality agreement or preliminary patent to protect your work.
Sponsoring agency policies
- NIH Grants Policy Statement
- National Science Foundation
Export Control Regulations
- Department of Commerce: Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Department of Treasury: Office of Foreign Assets Control
Need to talk with someone? Mark Doremus (email@example.com or 229-6302).
International Scholars at UWM
Need to talk with someone about visa issues? Brooke Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org or 229-5550).
Need to talk with someone about contracts, employment and payment for services? Contact your Unit Business Representative.
Teaching, research, and service abroad
Need to talk with someone? Mark Eckman (email@example.com) or 229-3040).
International partnership agreements
Need to talk with someone? Garett Gietzen (firstname.lastname@example.org or 229-6368).
International travel information for UWM Faculty and Staff
- UWM Center for international Education
- State Department travel warnings
- CIA World Factbook
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Obtaining a passport
- Obtaining a visa
- Need more information? Contact CIE staff.