This site is a toolkit for securing corporate research funding. It was developed by Mark Doremus, Technology Transfer Manager at UWM. It's his job to help you negotiate research contracts with the private sector. Some schools/colleges also have support staff available to help with submissions to corporate sponsors.
Only essential concepts are covered here. Links to other, more detailed, Web pages are provided if you're looking for information that's beyond the scope of this site.
- Scope of Work
- Sets out the goals, objectives, activities and timelines of your proposed research.
- The OSP Budget Development Tool is the best way to estimate project costs.
- Approvals, regulations and reporting responsibilities for researchers.
- Web-based system for managing research applications, grant awards, and contracts.
- Intellectual Property
- Invention disclosure and ownership of intellectual property.
- Account Activation
- Once funding is secured, a fund account can be generated.