General Grant Conditions of RGI Awards
- By accepting an RGI award, you agree to ensure that the project is executed in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations and institutional policies including, but not limited to:
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Rules and regulations governing research involving human subjects under the federal Common Rule (45 CFR 46) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations (21 CFR 50, 56, 312, 600, and 812).
- The Health Research Extension Act of 1985 on using vertebrate animals in research.
- You are also required to obtain institutional approvals for:
- Use of toxic, infectious, or carcinogenic/mutagenic materials, recombinant DNA, radioactive materials.
- Environmental impacts.
- Scuba diving.
- Use of facilities at the Great Lakes WATER Institute.
- Remodeling or construction.
- Any other special approvals required to conduct the project in accordance with applicable regulations before RGI funds will be released.
- The final award amount is subject to negotiations with the Graduate School.
- Details on accounting for the funds will be included with the award letter.
Return on Investment
By accepting an award, you are expected to submit extramural funding requests for support to continue this research at a minimum of three times the total award value, including both project funds and additional project costs, as specified in the award budget.
Per standard practice and in accordance with UW System Patent Policy, you, your Co-Principal Investigators, and other project personnel, including graduate student assistants, agree to assign ownership of all intellectual properties conceived or reduced to practice as a result of this RGI award to the University for protection and development as the University deems appropriate. An Intellectual Property Assignment form is available in PDF or Word format.
We request that you duly acknowledge "UWM Research Growth Initiative®" support in any publication resulting from your RGI project.
At the conclusion of your project, you must report on the completion of the stated milestones and deliverables, and any other outcomes of the RGI funding.