Subcommittee on Graduate Program Reviews
The GPR makes appropriate recommendations on the frequency and nature of reviews of the various programs to the Graduate Faculty Committee. See the complete Definition and Duties below.
|Name||College, School, or Department||Term Ends|
|Barbara Bales||Curriculum & Instruction||2016|
|Sukanya Banerjee (Chair)||English||2015|
|Shellen Greene||Art & Design||2017|
|Seyed Hosseini||Computer Science||2017|
|Gabriel Rei-Doval||Spanish & Portuguese||2015|
|Mark Srite||Business Administration||2015|
|Laura Trafi-Prats||Art & Design||2015|
|Mo Zell||School of Architecture and Urban Planning||2016|
Spring 2015 Meetings
All meetings are scheduled for 3:00-4:30 p.m. In Mitchell 245.
|February 2||Agenda, Minutes|
|March 2||Agenda, Minutes|
Fall 2014 Meetings
|Monday, Sept. 29||12:30 – 2:00 p.m *||Agenda, Minutes|
|Tuesday, Oct. 28 (Union 344)||10:00-11:30 a.m.||Agenda, Minutes|
|Monday, Nov. 24||12:30 – 2:00 p.m||CANCELED|
|Monday, Dec. 15||12:30 – 2:00 p.m||Agenda, Minutes|
* Member orientation at 12:30 p.m.; meeting at 1:00.
If you don't find what you're looking for, contact Peter Hansen in the Graduate School.
Definition and Duties
Thirteen members as follows: Six members of the UWM Graduate Faculty elected by the Graduate Faculty, seven members of the Graduate Faculty Committee appointed by the Chair of the Graduate Faculty Committee, subject to approval by the Committee. Members of the subcommittee should reflect the range of disciplinary competencies in the University and represent the several schools and colleges insofar as the size of the Subcommittee allows. The Subcommittee on Graduate Program Reviews elects its own chair from among its membership. The Chair must be a member of the Graduate Faculty Committee.
- To supply one member for each ad hoc review committee. The Chair of the Committee on Reviews appoints the ad hoc committee members to include one member form the Committee on Reviews and one member from the UWM Graduate Faculty.
- To meet with the ad hoc review committee and to receive reports of the outside consultants and the conclusions and recommendations of the ad hoc review committee for presentation to the Graduate Faculty Committee together with a rationale for each conclusion and recommendation, as necessary.
- The committee makes appropriate recommendations on the frequency and nature of reviews of the various programs to the Graduate Faculty Committee.
- The subcommittee makes an annual report to the Graduate Faculty Committee. Special reports may be made at the direction of the Graduate Faculty Committee or on the initiative of the subcommittee.
The Subcommittee on Graduate Program Reviews will adhere to the Procedures for Qualitative Reviews of Graduate Programs.
(Document 2563, 3/15/07; UWM Administration approval, 5/11/07) (Editorially revised, 6/30/08) Document 2780, 4/21/11; UWM Administration approval, 5/2/11)